General Safety Tips To Stay Safe While Installing An Electrical Panel
Electrical panels have the core function to provide a constant supply of energy to all the sub circuits and it is essential to keep the safety notes at the time you install the device as to avoid any electrical hazard later. Thus, before you go to install the device, it is important to go through these points and ensure the proper safety of the whole system.
Tips To Stay Safe While Installing The Electrical Panel:-
- Avoid Water – The water and electricity can never be together at the application, despite the fact electricity is generated from water. It is important to be on the safe side than curing the pain later. While you install the system, remember to keep it high enough from the reach of water. The equipment and circuit should have distance from the water as it increases the conductivity of electrical current.
- Prevent Shocks – Apart from keeping the equipment away from the water, you should also pay attention to the bare wires. Uncovered wires are the main cause of electric current as if you touch the end by mistake. You can cover these ends with a cap so the insulator eliminates the direct contact with the copper and prevents getting a shock.
- Check For Live Wires – Energized wires are the dangerous to death and checking for such wires regularly while working is better to save yourself from the hazards. Never assume that electrical equipment is uncharged even when left isolated for a long time. While installing the panel, check twice for any energized wires as to avoid the problems and to ensure there is no current running through them.
- Overload Protection – The main reason of blasting of the panel is over loading and avoiding this point helps you to prevent the damages as well as danger to life. At the time, you install the panel for your industry, calculate the voltage requirement, and add a 25% surplus in that so you can be prepared for the next installations and you will not end up installing the device over again for every additional equipment.
- Equipment Reliability – The electrical panel is designed to provide constant supply of power from the main circuits to the sub circuits. It necessary to maintain a good ratio of voltage supply with the basic requirements, therefore, always you should always remember to keep an eye on the ideal ratio to avoid any problems. If anytime you feel the panel tingly feeling, disconnect it as sooner as possible and stop using that at the time. Electrical Contractor