Queries From A Divorce Lawyer For Making The Process Easy
Asking questions to you divorce lawyer is important. These questions will help you have a better understanding of the divorce process and to find whether the lawyer can handle your case effectively or not.
If reconciliation is out of question and you are considering divorce on a serious note, you should consult your family lawyer. Think of all the questions that you wish to ask him and list them down. Then, arrange a meeting with him. Some of the questions that you can ask your lawyer are as follows:-
- How specialized is he in the field of family law? Other than family law, there are several fields in which lawyers conduct their practice. You must get the help of a professional lawyer who is experienced in the field. You should obviously ask him first whether he is willing to handle a case like yours. Make sure that lawyer is either a member of divorce lawyer Aberdeen.
- What would be the dues? In other words how much will he charge for your divorce case? Whether he will accept his pay through a credit card or cash. Do ask him if he is willing to accept a delayed payment in case of an unavoidable situation?
- What will be the way or source of communication between both parties? Will you correspond through a mobile phone or email?
- Mobile phone communication is much easier than email. Through mobile phones, you can contact your lawyer even from a long distance.
- What will be the process of the divorce? It is your legal right to ask your lawyer about the whole process through which you are to pass. He must educate you how to file a petition, how to negotiate regarding temporary orders and all about the trial process.
- How much will the whole process take? Lawyers are experienced enough to estimate the time required in any particular case. Ask your lawyer about how much time your case will consume.
- How much will the entire case cost? This is the most important question for you as it may affect your savings and earnings. May be your lawyer shows reluctance and refrains from quoting a figure. After all, it is a difficult question to answer. He may be able to give you a rough estimate and not the actual amount since that caries greatly from one case to another. The cost of your case also depends on how much conflicting and difficult the case is and also the steps that you wish your lawyer to take.
- What would be his role in terms of making the divorce process less throbbing, less painful and less difficult for his clients? Separation is sometimes very difficult especially if it is not wholeheartedly. This process lands many people into depression and causes a state of severe mental distress. A professional, experienced and a good lawyer keeps his eye on this psychological aspect of his client. Do ask him if he provides recommendation to consult a therapist or counsellor? Does he help his clients to gain knowledge of the process of self-education? Does he recommend you to consult any other member of divorce lawyer Aberdeen?
- Is mediation required in your case? It is another question you can ask your lawyer. You can ask him whether he thinks mediation is possible in your case or not? If he gives you a positive response then ask him if he uses private mediation with his clients or not. A lawyer sincere with his client always tries to settle the case once it is analysed. If he does not use mediation or any other mean to settle the case than he is not loyal to his client. So do ask your lawyer if he prefers private mediation or not in order to solve the case.
- You can ask your lawyer if he can predict the reaction of the judge regarding your case. Experienced lawyers can easily foretell the reaction of the judge after the hearing of the case. They prefigure the response of the judge as the completely and thoroughly analyse the case. Do carefully listen to their analysis and consider the facts he informs you about. These will surely going to help you out in your case. If you seriously hold the instructions your lawyer gives you this may turn the case in your favour at any stage of the divorce process. Buchhaltung Hattingen